The present Meeting House was built in 1798. This Georgian Grade II Listed building is a single meeting-room in origin, but long divided into two rooms by a screen with three pairs of counterweighted shutters.
The east room (further from the road) is plainly furnished for Quaker worship. It contains a tiered section (nowadays seldom used) by the east wall but is otherwise all on one level with benches arranged to face across a square. A porch was soon added, probably in 1806. It was replaced in 1962-64 when four small rooms (kitchen,lobby and toilets) were added on the south side of the Georgian building. These have recently been modernised.
Loving care is given to tending the grassed area beside the Meeting House, which includes the burial ground and has been in Quaker trusteeship since 1682.
For more information on hiring Chesham Meeting House please contact us